Speedlinks January 2010
I hang around on the internet so much and browse so many photography forums, websites and blogs that I stumble across a lot of interesting photo-related stuff. Here are some cool pages that I discovered recently that you may enjoy:
- DIY Gary Fong Lightsphere. The Lightsphere is a popular (in my opinion overrated) but expensive light modifier. Make your own by following Artur Gajewski’s guide on instructables.
- RGB Music Lab. Ever wanted to know what your photos would sound like? Feed them to this freeware Mac/Win software to find out.
- What camera should I buy? This question pops up in forums all the time. The ones who ask them usually don’t give any information on what kind of camera they’re looking for. Read through Scott Bourne’s article and you can probably find the right camera yourself or help others help you.
- Studio Lighting Techniques. Addicted to Life shows some cool studio setups to build upon and experiment with.
- Possible World Record. A Canon EOS Rebel XT falls 3000ft from the sky and survives.
- Classic Portraiture. Joe Zeltsman has written an in depth guide on posing people for portraits.
Similar stuff: Speedlinks May 2010, Speedlinks July 2010, Speedlinks June 2010, Speedlinks February 2010, Speedlinks March 2010